[WSBARP] Blended Families

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Thu Apr 26 14:36:52 PDT 2018

Listies:

I am pretty sure we have been over this matter before.  but let me ask a
simple question regarding blended families.

Isn't it the easiest way to deal with property owned as CP in a blended
family situation for each spouse to make their Will out to give each one's
CP interest to their own children AND to then execute a contract to NOT
change the Wills upon the death of the first of them.  Then give a copy of
the Will and contract to each side of the blended family so that the
"beneficiaries" will be able to make sure that the contract is followed.
The beneficiaries would have standing to enforce the contract, if need be.

very other approach seems to be rather difficult.

Thank you.

Jim Doran

James R. Doran
Attorney at Law