[WSBARP] Leasehold Condemnation Question

Kinnon Williams KWilliams at insleebest.com
Thu Apr 19 17:07:54 PDT 2018

Erik,
The lease is onerous, but you need to look to the entire relocation package.
The relocation rules allow for up to: 1) $50K in business reestablishment benefits; and
2) unlimited move costs. Move costs include the cost to disconnect, move and reconnect trade fixtures which can be very expensive in a grocery store.
With regard to the property you need to look to what is being purchased. Is it a trade fixture that can be moved? Is it personal property or inventory which can also be moved.
Unless this is one of the last dying outlier Cities that is trying to deny relocation benefits your client will be due relocation under the federal rules as I was successful last year in getting a legislative change to require relocation benefits to all displaced persons and businesses with the overwhelming assistance of Senator Curtis King and his staff.
I am more than happy to discuss this further off line if you need any pointers or assistance.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3D800.F4577BD0]

Kinnon W. Williams | Shareholder
Skyline Tower, Suite 1500 | 10900 NE 4th Street | Bellevue, WA 98004
P: 425.450.4225 | F: 425.635.7720
vCard<http://www.insleebest.com/uploads/vcards/kwilliams.vcf> | website<http://www.insleebest.com/> | kwilliams at insleebest.com<mailto:kwilliams at insleebest.com>

This electronic mail transmission is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the review of the party to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately return it to the sender.  Unintended transmission shall not constitute waiver of the attorney-client or any other privilege.