[WSBARP] New IRS policy - disturbing

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:14:25 PDT 2018

Listmates,   I just got off the phone with the IRS trying to deal with a client tax problem.  I have been on this case for nearly 2 years.  They have my power of attorney and my CAF number.  New IRS policy- before they will discuss the client matter they now demand all of my PERSONAL information.  The want my SSN, mailing address and date of birth.  After strenuous objection I was simply told to give the personal information or they would not discuss the clients issues with me.  I find this out of line, invasive and totally inappropriate.  Just an FYI to those of you dealing with the IRS, your personal information is now being linked to your client.

Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection

1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091