[WSBARP] gift deed restriction

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Mon Sep 18 13:31:50 PDT 2017

Client is going to gift real property to a non-profit .

The only condition that my client wants to put on the gift is that the donee  can’t  sell the property to any third parties for three years.

Anyone have language that can be put on the deed.  I am not sure if it is recommended that it be a condition which causes reversion of the deed to the grantor or what.  Client is wanting to qualify for an income deduction so the restriction needs to be in a form not to jeopardize that.

thanks

Josh

Joshua F. Grant, PS
Attorney at Law