[WSBARP] LLC transfer and real property - !% tax?

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Tue Sep 12 15:01:17 PDT 2017

I like the !% tax in the subject line--looks like you're swearing. :-)

Only transfer of a controlling interest in an entity triggers REET, and then it's based on the full value of the real estate. See WAC 458-61A-101<http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=458-61A-101>.

There indeed is a different form to use, available at the same website though--https://dor.wa.gov/get-form-or-publication/forms-subject/real-estate-excise-tax

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have Moved. We have moved our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel). Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information remains the same.