[WSBARP] Life Estate Pur Autre Vie

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Thu Oct 19 09:06:41 PDT 2017

Another thought--on re-reading your scenario, I don't know if it's possible to create a life estate pur autre vie as an initial matter. Usually it's created by conveyance to the grantee measuring life (or reservation to the grantor who is the measuring life), and then the estate holder transfers the life estate to another. Usually what can be done in two steps is also allowed in a single step, but I haven't seen that particular scenario.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC