[WSBARP] Washington Probate with Foreign Beneficiary

Mark K. Funke mark at funkelaw.com
Mon Oct 16 13:11:46 PDT 2017

Teunis - My understanding is that Non-resident aliens obtain an “ITIN” from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc850/tc857

Income is subject to, I believe, a 30% withholding. There is an extensive German-American Estate Tax Treaty and an Income Tax treaty.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/international-businesses/germany-tax-treaty-documents

Last time I dealt with this was a few years back and that particular situation got very complicated…

Thank you, - Mark

__
Mark K. Funke, Attorney
P.206-632-1535
mark at funkelaw.com
Office: 4105 E. Madison St. #210, Seattle WA, 98112
Post: 4111 E. Madison St. #272, Seattle WA, 98112