[WSBARP] taking title to Living Trust property

Douglas W. Scott doug at davisscottlaw.com
Thu Nov 9 16:45:40 PST 2017

Client came in with a Revocable Living Trust he wants to amend.  He owns multiple pieces of income producing real estate in the name of his Living Trust and a different LLC for each property. So all properties are owned as tenant in common by the Living Trust and a different LLC. He had been previously told that he should hold the real estate in the name of the LLC to limit his liability.  I don't get involved in Living Trusts, but it seems to me that it would be more efficient if the real estate was only in the name of the Living Trust.  Any thoughts?

Douglas W. Scott
Law Offices of Douglas W. Scott
Windermere Building
1810 15th Place NW, Suite 203