[WSBARP] Fines by HOA - Liens

Mary Stone mlstone at rockisland.com
Tue Nov 7 14:25:50 PST 2017

I recently researched this and tried to argue for lien rights where there were no covenants and no provisions for payment of road maintenance.  The only case out there that I could cite was a Snohomish County trial court order (Mt. Index) that gave lien rights.  My trial judge said he didn’t have that authority to grant lien rights, but he did have authority to require everyone to pay for road maintenance based on Busby and Mt. Dallas.