[WSBARP] JTROS Question

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Fri May 12 09:12:22 PDT 2017

Yes, JTWROS is not a contractual obligation, i.e., that is subject to a breach claim.  It is a status of how property is held and provides for a mechanism of transfer upon death.  Either owner may sever JTWROS by transferring his or her interest.  It destroys the 4 unities of title with the transfer and C would become a TIC with A.

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.
P.O. Box 1689
Yakima, Washington  98907