[WSBARP] Getting rid of a house guest

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Thu Mar 30 17:33:16 PDT 2017

Listmates,  Client had a friend that was down on his luck. Client allowed friend to stay with him and his wife for a couple days.  No rental agreement no intent for this to be a long term deal.  It's been a couple weeks now and friend refuses to leave.  I know we can demand rent and when not paid move under the Landlord Tenant statute but we are looking for something a bit more immediate.  Any thoughts on unwanted guest and a trespass?  I presume if the guy is sleeping at the property the police will just say it's civil matter and we are back to square one. Anyone have experience with this or another great plan?

Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection

1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091