[WSBARP] Registered Lands - UGH

Robert Ordal ordal at ordallaw.com
Tue Mar 14 15:33:33 PDT 2017

Richard,

I have not had a registered land case in maybe 20 years, but I expect you still have to "register" a document to affect title to registered land.  It's a separate system from the recording system.  Recording does nothing.  There used to be a guy named John Raymond who ran the office in the King Co Admin Building.  You would take your docs down to him and he would "register" them in the registration books.  It's also called the Torrens system; I think it started in Adelaide, Australia and was patterned after registering ship mortgages.