[WSBARP] Distribution of excess funds- Judicial Foreclosure

Scott Hildebrand scott at starboard-strategies.com
Fri Mar 10 09:08:31 PST 2017

All-

I am looking for some advice on the distribution of excess funds on a
judicial foreclosure (Sheriff's sale):

Client has a purchase and sale deed and seeks to have surplus distributed to
him.

Property sold Feb. 3

Sheriff filed a notice of return on Feb. 10- is this a confirmation of sale?

There was a DSHS lien that was wiped out upon sale, at least I am told by
the DSHS.

I filed a motion with the court ex parte to distribute, but some are saying
I need to file a preliminary title report with the motion as well as proof
that the DSHS lien was blown up.

Can someone give me some guidance on this please?? THANK YOU!

Best,

Scott Hildebrand