[WSBARP] Property Conveyance 'hypothetical'

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Thu Mar 9 12:10:05 PST 2017

Some other thoughts, possibly unhelpful:

1. If buyer will go for it, sell B's interest under warranty and then just issue a quitclaim with after-acquired title as to A's interest. If buyer pays taxes for 7 years with color of title, adverse possession is accomplished.

2. Start a probate of A, appoint B as administrator, sell to the buyer, deal with the rest of probate matters after taking a hefty PR fee for having to deal with it. Maybe the 5 heirs get a little, but so what--they can't get more blood from a low-price turnip.

3A. Long route, for B to acquire title to the whole: B pays property expenses, sues all 5 heirs for reimbursement under TIC common law rights, B gets default judgments against 'em all, then forecloses the judgments and buys the property at sale. Then sell the whole property to the buyer.

3B. Alternatively--sell the property to buyer under #1 and explain #3A to the buyer--then buyer can do the same thing to take title from A's heir earlier than 7 years.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have Moved. We have moved our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel). Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information remains the same.