[WSBARP] electronic signatures

Kary Krismer krismer at comcast.net
Mon Jun 19 08:42:20 PDT 2017

I doubt that they have to, but they could.  The state statute (19.34.010 et seq) on "digital signatures” last time I checked only applied to a different type of system, and I doubt you have an impact on Interstate Commerce to allow the use of the federal statute (15 USC 7001(a).  The digital signatures recognized by the state look like this:

-------BEGIN SIGNATURE------

IQB1AwUBMVSiA5QYCuMfgNYjAQFAKgL/ZkBfbeNEsbthba4BlrcnjaqbcKgNv+
a5kr4537y8RCd+RHm75yYh5xxA1ojELwNhhb7cltrp2V7LlOnAelws4S87UX80c
LBtBcN6AACf11qymC2h+Rb2j5SU+rmXWru+=QFMx

------END SIGNATURE------

Note it’s been several years though since I looked at this issue, and then it was in another context (real estate purchase and sale agreements.)

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott/KMS Renton
206 723-2148