[WSBARP] Statute of Limitations Question

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri Jul 28 12:52:09 PDT 2017

Ron--How about lack of privity as a defense? I doubt the contract ran with the land, so all of Party A's contract obligations ran to Developer One. When Developer One sold the property, the contract became impossible for Developer One to perform and terminated. Unless Party A agreed to a transfer/assignment of the contract to Developer Two?

Seems to me that maybe Party A even has or had a claim for breach against Developer One, depending on how tightly Party A and Developer One were tied together by contractual obligations to develop. (Not that that was where your question was headed.) But the flipside of lack of privity is, Party A can't force Developer Two to sell a parcel to Party A.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have Moved. We have moved our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel). Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information remains the same.