[WSBARP] thoughts on this situation

Ralph Maimon rmaimon at maimonlaw.com
Tue Jul 11 14:15:12 PDT 2017

Listmates

I have a retired widower client who has significant wealth.  He has a new “companion” who his adult children are concerned she will to him what she did to her deceased husband (shorter marriage), i.e., made him change his will to cut out his children and transferred a lot of property to herself in the interim.  Of course, he has been told not to have her be his companion but loneliness makes it too tempting to drop their relationship.   I have considered an irrevocable trust for all of his assets.  Can anyone think of an easier way, short of dissolving the relationship and without as much paperwork?

P.S. Fortunately half of his estate is in a testamentary  trust from his deceased wife with its own provisions for the children.

Ralph Maimon
LAW OFFICE OF RALPH MAIMON, P.S.
2811 E. Madison Street, Suite 202
Seattle, WA 98112