[WSBARP] Sheriff Sale Redemption and Publication Issue

Scott Hildebrand scott at starboard-strategies.com
Sat Jul 1 09:50:05 PDT 2017

A client has redeemed a property subsequent to a sheriff's sale- it was a
judicial foreclosure that resulted in a sale at auction.

We have discovered a claim by a collection company that was entered after
the lien that was foreclosed, so it should go away. It is a garden variety
collection company lien- nothing super priority about it.

I know that the lien will be extinguished if the holder was served notice in
the foreclosure process. But, what if the creditor was not properly served?

This just came to my attention, so I have not had time to check service
records.

Thank you all in advance,

Scott Hildebrand