[WSBARP] Legal Description zero range and numbered quarter section?

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Tue Jan 10 09:04:34 PST 2017

Keep in mind that the legal description contained on the treasurers deed might be taken from the Assessor/Treasurer's tax rolls, but it is not an "abbreviated legal description" in the technical sense of RCW 65.04.045.  The legal description contained on the Assessor's rolls might be condensed and contain abbreviations but, at least the ones I see in Pierce County, is a complete legal description and in my opinion is sufficient to pass title.
I am entirely comfortable insuring title based on that legal description, though for our commitment and policy I would "translate" the description to one based on the usual conventions.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West