[WSBARP] Title insurance and 3 year issue

Doris Eslinger doris at eslingerlawoffice.com
Tue Jan 10 08:39:05 PST 2017

I spoke with Chicago, First American and Old Republic recently on the
subject and all will issue title insurance after 3 years for WA properties
and may also issue title insurance before three years for the right price,
and on a case by case basis.  First American cited RCW 4.16.090 for the
three-year window.  Old Republic agrees to issue title within 3 years on one
case but the premium is 10% of the insured amount.   One of the title
officers I spoke with mentioned that if we can locate the former property
owner to sign a deed, then they can issue the insurance.

Regards,

Doris Eslinger
Attorney at Law
Eslinger Law Office, PLLC
2200 112th Ave NE | Suite 200 | Bellevue, WA 98005 | Phone: (425) 451-3237 |

Fax: (425) 633-2468 |  <mailto:doris at eslingerlawoffice.com>
doris at eslingerlawoffice.com |  <http://www.eslingerlawoffice.com/>
eslingerlawoffice.com

This message is intended only for the addressee.  The information contained
in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected by the
attorney-client or attorney work product privileges.  Unauthorized
forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, disclosure or use of such
information is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by
return e-mail or you may call our office at (425) 451-3237. Nothing in this
message should be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can
be used to authenticate a contract or other legal document.