[WSBARP] Waterfront home & Shoreline Management Act question

Marc Holmes marc at holmeslawgroup.com
Thu Feb 23 09:27:43 PST 2017

We have a client who is purchasing a waterfront home on Bainbridge. We are
in the early stages of researching how the Shoreline Management Act will
effect this property. The house was built in 2006. It is quite close to the
water, so the house, dock, and septic system all likely fall within the SMA
(200 ft from high water mark). Some of our immediate concerns are whether
the house, septic, and dock could be rebuilt if they were destroyed.
Smaller, but still important, concerns are how difficult it will be for our
clients to make changes to those structures and systems (remodel) and/or the
vegetation near the water. We welcome any suggestions on research,
additional concerns we should investigate or general advice.

Thanks to all.

Marc Holmes

Holmes Law Group PLLC

808 5th Ave N