[WSBARP] Priority of mechanics lien recorded post conveyance

Craig Blackmon craig at lawofficeofcraigblackmon.com
Wed Aug 30 16:58:48 PDT 2017

Thank you all! Love this listserv.

I must say, I'd love to research the issue much, much further. RCW
60.04.061 is the "relation back" statute, which by its terms is limited to
priority over other encumbrances. And the statute is in derogation of the
common law and therefore is to be strictly construed. Seems like an
argument could be made that the lien (perfected and recorded
post-conveyance) is enforceable over encumbrances, but it would not defeat
a BFP.

Craig

Craig Blackmon, Attorney at Law
Seattle Real Estate Lawyer <http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/>
92 Lenora St. (The Makers Space, a shared work environment)
Seattle WA 98121
Office/Cell: (206) 369-5949   Fax: (206) 770-7328
@LawyerBroker <https://twitter.com/LawyerBroker>
How to Buy Without an Agent
<http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Buy+without+an+Agent> | How
to Sell FSBO <http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Sell+FSBO>
 | RE Glossary
<http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Real+Estate+Glossary>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is a private, confidential
electronic communication encompassed by 18 USC 2510. It is for the sole use
of the intended recipient and receipt by anyone other than the intended
recipient does not constitute a loss of its confidential or privileged
nature.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender and destroy all
copies.