[WSBARP] Personal Injury Award and Social Security Income

MK Henderson law.mkh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 12:00:16 PDT 2017

Jim, SSI is supplemental security income based on a persons income and
assets. So if a PI award is over $2,000 then you possibly need to create a
special needs trust. I don't believe a PI award is considered income as to
Social Security Disability(SSDI). There are now ABLE accounts for SSI
recipients that you may want to look into.

Mary K. Henderson
Henderson Law Office PLLC
1123 Maple Ave SW, Suite 225
Renton, WA 98057