[WSBARP] Writ and Case with wrong Street Address- LL/T

Scott Hildebrand scott at starboard-strategies.com
Thu Apr 20 16:35:27 PDT 2017

All

I have an issue with a LL/T case. At show cause, I got a writ (representing
the LL) and did the Sheriff thing, got it done and the Sheriff called me
telling me I had the wrong address. Turns out the original lease, off of
which I based the complaint and writ, recited the wrong address. The Sheriff
called me and told me they cannot execute the writ because the address cited
does not exist.

That leaves me with having to get a new writ- I was looking at CR 60, which
discusses scrivener's errors but it says you have to go back for a hearing,
which we don't want to have to do. Can I just file a motion ex parte to get
a corrected writ? I have also approached opposing counsel about negotiating
a departure stipulation.

Any advice would be grand!

Best,

Scott Hildebrand