[WSBARP] Abstract of Judgment Lien on real estate

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Tue Apr 18 16:09:43 PDT 2017

If the judgment was entered in Superior Court in Snohomish County, it remains a lien on Snohomish County real estate, and the lien is not affected by the bankruptcy discharge, and your recording of the judgment allows the lien to attach to the  excess value of the debtor's homestead.
On the other hand, if the judgment was not entered in, or abstracted to, Snohomish County Superior Court, in my opinion it is not a lien on the Snohomish County real estate, and your recording of the abstract only allows the judgment to attach to the excess value of the debtor's homestead.

Sorry, typed fast and I hope that made sense.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West