[WSBARP] Misgivings about JTWROS

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed Apr 5 11:58:25 PDT 2017

Maybe you're thinking of continuity of title insurance? A quitclaim from X, who is insured, to Y, means that Y is not insured. But if X does a warranty or B&S deed, then Y still isn't insured, but if there is a title defect Y can sue X and X can tender the claim to title insurance.

But a QCD merely to establish JTWROS I don't think is a problem. But it's really an estate planning decision on whether or not to do that. They should talk to an estate planning lawyer to figure out if that's the right move with regard to the house; needs to be evaluated about separate versus community interests, estate planning goals, taxable estate issues, etc.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have Moved. We have moved our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel). Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information remains the same.