[WSBARP] Special Warranty Deeds vs. Bargain & Sale Deeds

Jeanne Dawes jjdawes at goregrewe.com
Mon Sep 26 11:49:40 PDT 2016

Dwight, thanks for your analysis, I am interpreting that the LPO Special Warranty Deed and Bargain and Sale Deed are identical, it is the conveyance language that controls and the exceptions, not the title.

When I represent a fiduciary seller I advise the seller to include an addendum I prepared just for this purpose as part of the REPSA, and in that the parties agree to the Special Warranty Deed with the historical language included, which I provide in the addendum.

However, I thought the historical limiting language was not related to ownership, but to what warranties were being given.  I’ve interpreted the limiting language to mean that the fiduciary is giving the warranties of a bargain and sale deed, but only from and after the date the fiduciary came into title,  with no warranties being given prior to the date the fiduciary came into title.

Is that not correct?

Jeanne

Jeanne J. Dawes
Attorney at Law
Gore & Grewe, P.S.
103 E. Indiana Avenue, Suite A
Spokane, WA 99207-2317
Voice:  509-326-7500
Fax:      509-326-7503
jjdawes at goregrewe.com<mailto:jjdawes at goregrewe.com>
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL TRANSMISSION IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL.