[WSBARP] CFPB & Realtor Checks

atfitz at comcast.net atfitz at comcast.net
Mon Oct 31 13:36:18 PDT 2016

I don't know anything about the CLE but it is the position of the Department of Licensing that a RE firm's designated broker can give written instruction to escrow to pay portions of the firm's compensation to others. Payment to others will not lessen the B&O obligation for the firm but as a bookkeeping matter only, if the DB prefers for compensation to be paid directly to the firm's brokers (or others) that can happen so long as the DB gives escrow written instruction to that effect.

Thanks - Annie