[WSBARP] Property Owned by Inactive Foreign Corporation

David Hastings davidjhastings at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 13:26:36 PDT 2016

I have a potential client who wants to buy a piece of property located
in Washington. The property is owned by an active AZ corporation. The
corporation was registered to do business in Washington, but that
registration has expired. The corporation was formed to hold the piece
of property in question, and has no other assets.

My initial reaction is that the sale of the property would be an
isolated transaction under RCW 23.95.520(i), and that the AZ corporation
doesn't need to re-register before closing the sale. But I haven't dealt
with anything like this before- am I missing something?

     -David Hastings