[WSBARP] US District Court Warrant to Seize Property

Kristina Driessen Kristina at rdattys.comcastbiz.net
Wed Oct 19 07:49:53 PDT 2016

I have a situation whereas an escrow company closed on a home, after closing but before the proceeds were disbursed they received a Warrant to Seize the Proceeds. The warrant is from the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii. The FBI obtained the warrant. The proceed amount is large.

While I have reason to believe the warrant is valid, I question the timing. They want her to hand over the proceeds without disbursing according the escrow instructions. I don't want to create liability to the parties. Would it be better to instruct the escrow company to interplead the sums?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Kristina A. Driessen
Ryan & Driessen
Attorneys at Law
16 A Street SE
Auburn, WA. 98002
(253) 939-0811
(253) 939-0471 fax
kristina at rdattys.comcastbiz.net

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney/client privilege, work product doctrine or other confidentiality protection.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at 253.939.0811 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it.  Thank you.