[WSBARP] Form 17 issue

Stephen Whitehouse swhite8893 at aol.com
Fri Nov 4 12:14:05 PDT 2016

Listmates,
     I am looking for feedback on your experience with a Form 17  issue.
     The form was fully filled out except two answers were left blank. No issue was ever raised and now, four days before closing, buyer is rescinding on that basis.
     RCW 64.06.030 requires a "completed" statement. However, it also states that the buyer has two options to exercise within three days, to rescind or to approve and accept the statement. In this case the buyer approved and accepted.
     Has the buyer waived the defect, either statutorily, or under the common law? I understand there is some conventional wisdom emanating from the MLS that the buyer can rescind, but I think they tend to take conservative positions.
     Any thoughts?
     Thanks.

Steve

Stephen Whitehouse