[WSBARP] Foreclosure Defense

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Thu May 19 10:29:10 PDT 2016

Nic:

I remember reading some of your responses on the Real Property listserve
regarding foreclosures.

Here is a question for you.  I have two clients for whom I think the
Superior Court will restrain the Trustee's sale.  there are a lot of weird
things that happened and the Servicer and Bene have not replied to the
Notice of error and Request for Information  and they are way past due.  We
also have the Statute of Limitations defense which I think is very
interesting.

But, the Court will likely require the bond.  I do not know how much that
will be and for one client, anything is going to be too much.  She's
broke.  How does the Court figure the bond amount?  And, is there any way
to get around the bond altogether?  Yes, I have heard that the borrower
might be required to make a monthly payment into the registry of the court
but they can stop doing that soon after the last Trustee sale date has
passed.

Any thoughts on any of this will be appreciated.  I find it most
interesting work and also inherently ethical, seeing what the banks did to
the world.

Jim Doran

James R. Doran
Attorney at Law