[WSBARP] Non-married people buying house

rdafg a.gibbs at northwestcivillawgroup.org
Fri May 6 14:53:58 PDT 2016

I got a new question from a PC: he and his girlfriend are planning to
buy a house together and asked me to help them create "separate"
property for them since he is contributing most of the initial capital.
They will be living in the house as primary residence.

They intend on keeping records of monetary contributions to the
financing for the house but want to shield each other's interests from
claims of potential outside creditors.

I'm hoping for a little sage advice. Would a traditional separate
property agreement serve to isolate their interests?

Thanks!

--
Northwest Civil Law Group, a Washington Non-profit Legal Services
Corporation.
15600 Redmond Way, Suite 101
Redmond, WA 98052
(206) 851-4403 [phone]
Please Contact for FAX.
Disclaimer:
This e-mail is intended to constitute an electronic communication
within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Act, 18 U.S.C.
§2510. This communication may contain confidential, proprietary, or
legally privileged information and is transmitted for the sole viewing
and use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution to other
recipients is not permitted and does not waive the confidential or
privileged nature of the communication. If you receive this message in
error, please immediately delete it and notify the sender.