[WSBARP] Requirements for recording transfers by operation of law

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Tue May 3 13:45:10 PDT 2016

Dwight...Section 2 (2) of the bill states:  "The documentation provide to the county treasurer under this section must also be recorded with the county auditor."
I interpret that to mean that the "Lack of Probate Affidavit" or the "Community Property Agreement" etc.  must be recorded with the county auditor, so I am not sure what you mean by

"The clerk is not correct that the documents must be recorded in order for the transfers to be considered completed."

We are creating an abbreviated Lack of Probate Affidavit for recording purposes.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West