[WSBARP] real estate contracts?

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Wed Jun 22 16:29:59 PDT 2016

I can attest that REC are quite rare in Pierce County.  They are used mainly, though not exclusively, for sales of vacant land.
We find REC being used mainly by developers who buy up large tracts of land and subdivide them into 5 to 20 acre lots.
As an aside, I also have always recommended REC for sellers, and deed/deed of trust for buyers.
In today’s regulatory world, if I were selling a house and carrying the paper, I certainly would opt for the REC.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West