[WSBARP] closing question

Anthony Gibbs a.gibbs at northwestcivillawgroup.org
Wed Jun 22 10:40:16 PDT 2016

I got contacted by a PC who is currently out-of-country with his wife. PC
plans to close on a house purchase in July and has asked whether I am
willing to sign on his behalf.

I'm pretty sure it's not a scam, but his bank has required that a POA be
executed by either him or his wife (the borrowers) or an *attorney-at-law*
in order to sign the closing documents.

He said he's reviewed all the documents and needs only an attorney to sign
for him.

My red-flag-o-meter is going a little nuts with this. Has anyone ever "just
signed" closing documents at a client's direction without a full review and
due diligence? PC said he doesn't have problems or questions with the
closing documents.

Any thoughts/comments appreciated!

Thanks,
Anthony

--
Northwest Civil Law Group, a Washington Non-profit Legal Services
Corporation.
15600 Redmond Way, Suite 101
Redmond, WA 98052
(206) 851-4403 [phone]
Please Contact for FAX.
Disclaimer:
This e-mail is intended to constitute an electronic communication within
the meaning of the Electronic Communications Act, 18 U.S.C. §2510. This
communication may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information and is transmitted for the sole viewing and use of the intended
recipient. Any review or distribution to other recipients is not permitted
and does not waive the confidential or privileged nature of the
communication. If you receive this message in error, please immediately
delete it and notify the sender.