[WSBARP] Tenant suffering from landlord v. owner dispute & possible Wenatchee referral

Anthony Gibbs a.gibbs at northwestcivillawgroup.org
Thu Jun 9 18:28:46 PDT 2016

Potential client called yesterday because her commercial landlord and the
building's owner have a dispute about ownership. The purported owner shut
off power to the building and, as a result, potential client is suffering
daily income losses.

Owner and landlord have filed suit to resolve the question of ownership.
Meanwhile, tenant continues hemorrhaging money.

I'm thinking we could file an interpleader motion and request for emergency
injunction to get the power back on while then cross-suing both landlord
and owner.

Has anyone experience with a similar situation where tenant suffers from
landlord-owner dispute?

Sounds to me like L has breached covenant of quiet enjoyment and owner may
be tortiously interfering with a business relationship.

This is out in Wenatchee, so might need to refer out there also if someone
could recommend a Wenatchee area attorney.

Thanks!
Anthony

--
Northwest Civil Law Group, a Washington Non-profit Legal Services
Corporation.
15600 Redmond Way, Suite 101
Redmond, WA 98052
(206) 851-4403 [phone]
Please Contact for FAX.
Disclaimer:
This e-mail is intended to constitute an electronic communication within
the meaning of the Electronic Communications Act, 18 U.S.C. §2510. This
communication may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information and is transmitted for the sole viewing and use of the intended
recipient. Any review or distribution to other recipients is not permitted
and does not waive the confidential or privileged nature of the
communication. If you receive this message in error, please immediately
delete it and notify the sender.