[WSBARP] seeking litigator re CR 71 objecting to notice of withdrawal

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri Jun 3 12:43:01 PDT 2016

No way! That is not allowed. The express language of CR 71(d) makes that impossible--can't comply with the formal requirements of the notice if a lay person is the substitute "attorney." In an unpublished opinion, Lattimar v. Winslow, 114 Wn.App. 1037, No. 50514-9-1, 2002 WL 31518146, at *3 (Nov. 12, 2002), Division I of the Court of Appeals held that CR 71(d) cannot be used to withdraw and substitute a lay person, even if the client consents to the procedure.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1320 University St
Seattle WA  98101-2837
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have an Upcoming Office Move:

We are moving our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel) over the weekend of June 25th & 26th, and will reopen on Monday, June 27, 2016.

Our new address will be 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information will remain the same.