[WSBARP] PSA Seller refuses to close; Buyer's right to withdraw funds?

Richard Holland rich at pnwle.com
Thu Jul 7 10:49:53 PDT 2016

I haven't had the specific situation come up with a cash transaction but we had an escrow transaction where the funds were wired in from a lender and a similar dispute developed.  After consulting with the buyer's attorney, we returned the money to the buyer's lender as of course the lender was insistent and the buyer had no desire to make payments on money sitting in my trust account.  We provided proof of deposit etc. to the buyer in their lawsuit and, to my knowledge, the fact that the funds did not remain on deposit with us never was an issue in the case as at the time performance was due, the buyer was ready willing and able to perform.

Thanks,

Rich Holland
rich at pnwle.com<mailto:rich at pnwle.com>
733 7th Avenue, Suite 110
Kirkland, WA 98033
425-836-6240  / 425-748-3901 (fax)

The information contained in this communication, and in any attached document(s), is privileged and/or confidential, intended solely for the individual/entity to whom/which it was sent.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately at the email address, mailing address, or telephone or fax number above.