[WSBARP] Off-Topic: A woman with an arrest warrant goes to theairport...

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Mon Jan 25 15:56:48 PST 2016

Not paying/appearing “for traffic tickets” usually means traffic infractions.  There are no arrest warrants issued for having FTA’ed on a traffic infraction.  It is possible that one could have their license suspended or not renewed but no warrant.  There are a very few criminal traffic offenses like DUI and DWS.  Warrants are issued for no appearance.  So not sure if you have the full info.

Very unlikely that one would be picked on a criminal traffic warrant anywhere.  If she has a warrant for a traffic criminal case, depending on the county, they may let her go on even if she is stopped (except maybe for DUI).  She should let someone else drive or drive carefully to the airport.

Josh Grant
(Retired Dt . Ct. Judge)