[WSBARP] Bellevue Fire Alarm Requirements

Laird, Katherine KatherineLaird at CenturyPacificLP.com
Fri Jan 22 11:13:10 PST 2016

Bellevue is notoriously difficult, particularly with the fire department requirements.  If you need any approvals from the building department I believe you will have to upgrade.   If this is just a condo conversion and all paper work, I think you are OK, until you seek the first permit to do any upgrades to the building.
Good luck,
katherine

Katherine Kramer Laird
CenturyPacific, LP
Suite 1680
1201 Third Avenue
Seattle, WA  98101
Ph. 206-757-8892/Mobile. 206-915-0109
Fax 206-757-7890
katherinelaird at centurypacificlp.com<mailto:katherinelaird at centurypacificlp.com>

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Ron Housh
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 10:35 AM
To: wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com
Subject: Re: [WSBARP] Bellevue Fire Alarm Requirements

New client tells me:

Bellevue Code requires residential buildings [apartments, condos, etc.] to install fire alarms.
Client says pre-2004 buildings were/are exempt [I have not confirmed this]

Question:  Assume apartment building built in 1986 is exempt.  But if apartment building is converted to a condo complex in 2004 [or later], did it lose its exemption?

Wondering if anyone is "up to speed" on Bellevue Fire Code [fire alarm] issues, before I dig into the Code and other law.  Thanks!

Ron

I AM TYPICALLY IN THE SEATTLE OFFICE ON TUESDAY AND THURSDAY AND IN THE MOUNT VERNON OFFICE ON MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY

Ronald G. Housh, P.S.
Attorney at Law

Seattle Office:
1420 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3000