[WSBARP] Referral: lease-to-own (attorney in Kitsap/Clallam/Jefferson)

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Thu Jan 21 16:35:15 PST 2016

PC is trying to purchase a home but works in the 502 recreational marijuana
industry and is, accordingly, ineligible to receive a mortgage. PC has
found a for-sale-by-owner property, currently subject to an existing
mortgage. Existing-owner is willing to carry a note on the property, but I
have cautioned PC about the effect of executing a transaction for the
property with an acceleration clause in the mortgage. PC and existing-owner
are now pushing the idea of lease-optioning. I do not feel comfortable
giving legal advice on this issue any further and, accordingly, would like
to refer out this matter. Please let me know if you would be willing to
speak with the PC.

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
210 Polk Street, Suite 1
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***