[WSBARP] judgement liens

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Tue Feb 23 13:50:08 PST 2016

Listmates,   I always get confused when bankruptcy meets real property so I hope those more enlightened can assist me.  Short facts.  Mom puts son on title to her home " in case something happens".   Naturally, what happens is son gets multiple judgments against him which then attach to Mom's house.  We can bankrupt him out of the debt and because Mom's home is not the son's residence I don't think we can strip the liens in bankruptcy.    So... to clear title I think we need to pay the "lien"  but since the judgement has been discharged in bankruptcy, what is owed on the " lien"?  Just the initial judgement amount?  Accrued interest?   Not sure how to do the math when the underlying debt has been discharged.   Thanks in advance for your assistance.   Craig

Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection

1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091