[WSBARP] DOT and Non-monetary Defaults

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed Feb 3 14:25:35 PST 2016

Please reply to list--I haven't done this myself, but I think it's possible to give a notice of default and demand cure, especially if the deferred maintenance is approaching statutory waste in its magnitude. If the lender has evidence that the value of the property is being significantly impaired as collateral, I think that would show sufficient prejudice to allow foreclosure before it gets any worse. And doing it by nonjudicial procedure would probably be efficient, since it puts the burden on the borrower to try to halt the proceeding.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC