[WSBARP] Judicial foreclosures and HOAs

Rob Wilson-Hoss rob at hctc.com
Mon Feb 1 12:50:40 PST 2016

Richard, that's interesting, and disappointing.  One aspect of this is that
with default judgments, with respect to the right to take a default on any
issues that are not amounts certain, we are all supposed to prove the right
to what we want. For example, in a default, if it is abandoned and improved,
we have to always provide a declaration (often with copies of County
permitting documents) and a memorandum about what that means factually and
what that means to the judgment. We also always do this with priority issues
- if the client is prior, then we show the language in the governing
documents that makes it prior. Then the court makes its findings and
conclusions and can enter the judgment. All of this is under CR 55(b).

But judges are busy and often don't require such proof, and if they do, they
only see one side of things. So it is often up to the lawyers to stick to
the straight and narrow in defaults.

Rob

Robert D. Wilson-Hoss
Hoss & Wilson-Hoss, LLP
236 West Birch Street
Shelton, WA 98584
360 426-2999

www.hossandwilson-hoss.com
rob at hctc.com

This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee, you are hereby notified
that any use, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us by
reply e-mail or by telephone (call us collect at the number listed above)
and immediately delete this message and any and all of its attachments.
Thank you.

This office does debt collection and this e-mail may be an attempt to
collect a debt, Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.  To
the extent the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (15 U.S.C. § 1692)
applies this firm is acting as a debt collector for the
condominium/homeowners' association named above to collect a debt owed to
it. Any information obtained will be used for collection purposes. You have
the right to seek advice of legal counsel.