[WSBARP] illegal subdivision

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 30 11:35:48 PST 2016

For the sake of the conversation, CA does allow the initial buyer up to a year after the discovery to void the deed, sale, or contract of sale.  (Don’t know if there is a corresponding WA provision):
CA Gov. Code 66499.32.

(a) Any deed of conveyance, sale or contract to sell real property which has been divided, or which has resulted from a division, in violation of the provisions of this division, or of the provisions of local ordinances enacted pursuant to this division, is voidable at the sole option of the grantee, buyer or person contracting to purchase, his heirs, personal representative, or trustee in insolvency or bankruptcy within one year after the date of discovery of the violation of the provisions of this division or of local ordinances enacted pursuant to the provisions of this division, but the deed of conveyance, sale or contract to sell is binding upon any successor in interest of the grantee, buyer or person contracting to purchase, other than those above enumerated, and upon the grantor, vendor, or person contracting to sell, or his assignee, heir or devisee.