[WSBARP] illegal subdivision

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Thu Dec 29 17:46:31 PST 2016

Listmates,  I am wondering what rights are created when property is transferred via an illegal subdivision.  By example, someone transfers the north one third of a lot to a buyer.  No BLA, no short plat, just a deed.  My initial presumption is that buyer owns the property but just can't get a building permit.  Is the transfer void on its face or voidable or neither?  I am being lazy tonight and thought I would ask those who may have already researched the matter.  Thanks, Craig

Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection

1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091