[WSBARP] segregation deed & 1% exemption

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Wed Dec 14 14:45:06 PST 2016

Grant County planning dept has allowed a segregation of an area into two lots as a pre-requisite of sale.  It will be short plated next. Then the sale.

they require two deeds to be recorded each with the same grantor and grantee (the current owner), but setting out a legal description one lot on each by metes and bounds.  I would call it a segregation deed, but that is my guess at what to call it.

I can’t find an excise tax WAC that covers it.

Anyone know what exemption applies?  Would you call this a “segregation deed”?

I though consideration should say : “In consideration of segregation of parcel, no consideration paid”.

Any suggestions?

Joshua F. Grant, PS
Attorney at Law
P. O. Box 619