[WSBARP] Corrective deed to update legal description?

Sherry Bosse Lueders sherry at sherryluederslaw.com
Mon Dec 12 15:55:47 PST 2016

Listmates,

After a legal description for real property has been modernized (by the title company), can that change be reflected in the next transfer of property, without filing any kind of corrective deed? Or, would a corrective deed first need to be filed prior to the deed transferring property? I don't believe the latter, with the extra step of filing the corrective deed, would be necessary, but I'm curious whether anyone has experience to the contrary.

Thanks!

Sherry Bosse Lueders | Of Counsel

Stacey L. Romberg, Attorney at Law
Telephone:  (206) 784-5305
Fax:  (206) 789-8103

Visit our website at http://staceyromberg.com/.

This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the message. Thank you.