[WSBARP] Assistance with a Writ of Ejectment

Paul pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:13:57 PST 2016

They are similar after you get a judgment but not before.  As you know, the UD uses an expedited process to get a quick decision regarding possession.   An action for ejectment is a standard civil lawsuit meaning the defendant has 20 days to answer and if the defendant files some sort of response, you are forced to proceed to discovery and a trial.  Because I live in a rural county, I ran all of the Writ forms past the court clerk and the Sheriff’s office before I had the judge sign them because neither office had prepared or executed a Writ of Ejectment within recent memory.